Why go to therapy?
Not all situations and circumstances are alike. You are a unique human being with unique experiences. Developing a relationship with a therapist can be a wonderful and healing experience. Therapy allows you the space to be who you are, without judgment or bias. Therapy allows you to explore the challenges you face and begin a path of healing and tranquility.
Benefits of therapy
One main benefit of therapy is that it can help you live the life you enjoy and appreciate. Therapy can support you in becoming the kind of person you dream of or have experienced in the past … you just got lost somewhere along the way. Therapy can help you deepen your relationships with those you care about or want to care about. We want to help you:
- Develop new perspectives and life skills so that you can free yourself from habitual patterns of anxiety, depression, and self-criticism.
- Deal with addictive behaviors including substance abuse, relationship issues, gambling, or eating disorders.
- Reclaim your sense of personal power. Learn to take responsibility and move forward in your life rather than feeling stuck, helpless, and hopeless.
- Find ways to relate to emotional or physical suffering so that inevitable suffering brings wisdom and compassion rather than depression and anger.
YouTube: Understanding the Benefits of Marriage and Family Therapists; American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists: https://youtu.be/31EgvvbXS6M
What happens next:
- Feel free to check out the counselors on our website and see if one is a good fit for you. Or you can call our office and we will connect you to a counselor.
- Before you arrive fill out information forms so the counselor may get to know you better.
- You will meet your counselor in our beautiful waiting area where he/she will lead you back to one of our quiet, comfortable, and confidential offices.
- Remember this is your life, we are here to support your growth. If at any time you have questions please call Darlene Davis, Executive Director email@example.com